“TAKE A CHANCE AND EARN A CULTURAL/ ARTS POINT FOR YOUR CV!”
WEEK: 7 TERM: 32020
ENTRIES CLOSE: Monday 1 September PERFORMANCE DATE: Thursday 3 September
‘HIGHLANDS WOW! (World of Wearable Arts)
THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR OF ALL THE HEY YOU PROJECTS. IT INVOLVES TEAMWORK, CREATIVITY, STYLE AND PAZAZZ!
YOU ARE TO DESIGN AND MAKE A GARMENT/CLOTHING IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
1. News Paper Art – “Off to a Party!” Any form of paper medium, wallpaper, paper mache, magazines, sweet wrappings, cardboard,
newspaper, any type of paper. Fabric may be used to make the garment stronger, but must be at least 70% paper.
2. Off the Wall – ‘Out there!’ Any medium of choice. Let your imagination take wings and be as creative as you wish.
3. Sparkle, Flash, & Fluro – Any medium, materials that shine, metallic Type fabrics can be painted, mirrored, glass, beads, glitter, tinsel, silver, gold, or metallic hardware, led lights and can show up under Black light if needed.
Springtime Naturals- Any natural medium of any kind using e.g ferns, flax, leaves, fibre, wool, flowers etc Let your imagination run wild!
Recycled Creations- Any medium/materials made from waste or throw away rubbish-plastics, twine, tin, bottle tops, ties, cans, glasses, phones, cartridges, packaging etc Use your imagination and get scavenging and create amazing costumes. Must be 70%+ use of Recycled Materials
Attention to detail is very important:
You will require a model to wear your finished creation on the ‘Cat Walk’ and the Designer will have to have a brief explanation of what the model is wearing and what/ how the art was made. The announcer will read this out, so ensure it is written very clearly. You can only have 2 students max in your group! I You and your model if required. The model must be a Highlands Student. You can model your own items.
- · Showing a novel use of material and attention to detail
- · Modelling of the garment as a model would (Movement on the catwalk)
- · Meeting the requirements of each category
- · A written brief to the announcer (40 seconds or less) REMEMBER TO GET YOUR ENTRY FORM TO Mrs Hooper C.V Marking
1 point for making and designing the garment st
2 points for coming 1 in a section
3 points for overall winning of Highlands WOW!
Any queries/problems, see Mrs Hooper